One of our Land Rover Dealers
Marshall Motor Holding comprises two businesses that strongly support each other, Marshall Motor Group and Marshall Leasing.
Marshall Motor Holdings is a top-ten UK motor dealer group. Since 2008, 86 franchises have been added and 28 non-core or loss making operations have left the portfolio. The Group operates 103 franchise dealerships representing 24 different manufacturing brands in 25 different counties across England. It has turnover in excess of £2.1bn per annum.
The motor dealer group has continued to grow both organically and through acquisitions. The group has a strong financial track record, progressing from loss-making in 2008 to the generation of £15.8m of Adjusted PBT* in 2015. This turnaround in the group’s fortunes has been attributed to the following:
- A clear strategic framework for future growth
- Excellent manufacturer relationships
- Strong foundation for future growth having completed the reorganisation of its brand portfolio
- A fully integrated motors and leasing business
- Bespoke management information tool that controls working capital and the day-to-day running of the business
- Strong financial track record, strong profit growth since 2008
- Strong balance sheet to provide investment firepower in the business
- Credible management team with a proven track record
Marshall Leasing is an integrated leasing business. The leasing business is the 26th largest leasing company in the UK (FN50 2015). The business is service led rather than price, and has been rated in the top 3 in an independent Customer Survey by Fleeteye, and has been voted Association of Car and Fleet Operator Lease Supplier of the Year, 2010 and 2013, and was highly commended in the Fleet News Awards 2016, in the Leasing Company of the year- up to 15,000 vehicle category.
Marshall Leasing operates a fleet of over 6,000 vehicles with a net book value of £62.5m and provides a range of services, including contract hire, contract purchase, fleet management, daily rental and risk management and associated services.
The close relationship between Marshall Leasing and Marshall Motor Group generates significant leasing and retailing synergies. In particular, Marshall Motor Group provides new vehicles to Marshall Leasing and the leasing business provides a pipeline of retailable vehicles to Marshall Motor Group’s used car operation.
*prior to acquisition costs.